Previously Recorded Webinars
All of our previous webinars can be found in a playlist on the Harris Public Policy YouTube Channel. Some of our previous webinars include conversations with Marc Farinella, Executive Director of the Center for Policy Entrepreneurship; Rebecca Rosen, Director of Operation for the The Pearson Institute; and Sam Ori, Executive Director of EPIC. There are also webinars by our Admissions Team staff and Team Harris students.
You can find additional webinars using the links below, however, these are in a WebEx format and you may be prompted to download WebEx.
- Webinar for Students on the Waitlist: Jenny Erickson discusses the next steps for students currently on the waitlist including instructions on submitting updated documents.
- Harris Alumni Webinar featuring:
- Cynthia (CC) Dubois completed her MPP in 2010 and is currently a Ph.D. candidate in Human Development and Social Policy at Northwestern University. Past work experience includes American Institutes for Research, the USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service, and Louisiana Economic Development. CC graduated Summa Cum Laude with College Honors in Political Science and Agricultural Economics from Louisiana State University.
- George Letavish, MPP 2011, currently works as the Senior Policy Analyst at Get IN Chicago, an affiliate of the Chicago Community Trust that focuses on funding, measurement, and thought leadership for programs serving at-risk youth and their families in Chicago's communities most affected by poverty and violence. Before his career with Get in Chicago, George was a Policy Analyst in the Office of Illinois Governor Pat Quinn. Prior to attending Harris, George served as an intelligence analyst in the United States Army in Germany and worked as a defense contractor in the DC metro area.
- Chad Williams completed his MPP in 2010. Since graduating from Harris he has worked for the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) where he conducts reviews of programs and the internal operations of agencies across the federal government. Prior to attending Chicago Harris, Chad served a number of roles for TD Bank, N.A. (formerly TD Banknorth). He earned his B.A. in Business Administration from Augustana College in 2003.
- International Student Webinar featuring Associate Director of Student Jenny Erickson and current Harris student Arvind. This webinar is in a video format.
- Financial Aid Webinar featuring Ranjan Daniels, Associate Dean of Student Recruitment and Global Outreach and Jenny Erickson, Associate Director of Student Recruitment. Please note this webinar uses a power point presentation.
- Team Harris Webinar featuring Meg, Sarah, and Peter with Associate Director of Student Recruitment Jenny Erickson. This webinar is in video format.
- Data Science for Politics and Policy featuring Rayid Ghani, Director, Center for Data Science & Public Policy; Senior Fellow, Harris School of Public Policy; Senior Fellow, Computation Institute. In addition to teaching data science and machine learning classes at Harris, Rayid works with governments and non-profits in a variety of policy areas including health, criminal justice, education, public safety, economic development, and urban infrastructure. Before joining the University of Chicago, Rayid was the Chief Scientist of the Obama 2012 Election campaign. This webinar format includes a power point presentation.
- Alumni and Current Harris Student Webinar with Student Organization Minorities in Public Policy Studies featuring current students Michael, Jenelle, Kelli, and alum Nohely and Leila. This webinar format is audio only.
- AmeriCorps Alum featuring Adam McGriffin, Associate Director of Career Development, Nonprofit Sector Relations, and Commissioner on the Illinois Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service. A great webinar for AmeriCorps Alum trying to determine if a policy degree is the next step for them! This webinar is in audio only.
- Center for Human Potential and Public Policy (CHPPP) and Behavioral Insights and Parenting (BIP) Lab featuring Keri Lintz, Associate Director of Center for Human Potential and Public Policy; Sophie Milam, Research Project Manager, CHPPP;
Paula Rusca, Research Coordinator, CHPP. This webinar provides an overview of the research and opportunities with CHPPP and BIP. This webinar is audio and includes a power point.
- Student Organization Latin America(n) Matters (LAM) featuring current students Lina and Pedro. This webinar is audio only.
- Harris Policy Labs Webinar featuring Carol Brown, Executive Director.
Campus Visit Days
San Francisco Harper Lecture: The Global Energy Crisis
Fairmont San Francisco 950 Mason Street San Francisco, CA
Tuesday, April 20th, 2017 6:00pm-8:00pm PT REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
The Pearson Institute for the Study and Resolution of Global Conflicts: Lecture with Sergio Jaramillo, Colombian High Commissioner for Peace
Ida Noyes Hall, 3rd floor theater
1212 E. 59th St.
Chicago, IL 60637
Monday, April 24, 2017
12:00pm-1:15 p.m CT REGISTER HERE